2.24.2018

Spring DIY Roundup


I love spring because the weather is perfect; not too hot and not too cold. I love the revitalization of life after dreary winter days. The return of color in nature always gets my creative juices flowing and I love to create with cheerful colors whenever springtime rolls around. 

Today, I am sharing a few spring crafts that I have created over time all with the help of my handy dandy Silhouette Cameo. It is literally the most versatile machine!

Let's get crafting.



1. DIY Spring Placemats

I found some blank burlap placemats at Hobby Lobby, cut a stencil using Oracal 651, grabbed the happiest and brightest acrylic paints I could find and started painting! I used a foam brush to lightly dab the paint on over the stencil. The result was perfectly crisp lines and the cutest spring placemats EV. Easy peasy!


2. DIY Market Tote

One of my favorite things about spring is the farmers market. I love to get up early on Saturday mornings and head to the market with my sweet little family. My husband and I will grab a cup of coffee and spend the morning browsing all of the fresh local produce and the fabulous handmade items. Since I never leave the market empty handed, a cute market tote is a must! I snagged a blank tote and pale blue HTV from Expressions Vinyl and added Design ID #199864. Voila! A five minute craft for a tote that will last you all season.


3. DIY St. Patrick's Day Gift Tags

I love holidays. I really just love any reason to celebrate! Last year for St. Patrick's day, I made cutie green rice krispie treats for my son's daycare class with this recipe from Classy Clutter. I put each rice krispie treat in a cellophane bag and created a gift tag using the Print and Cut feature on my Cameo. You can follow this tutorial to get a basic idea of how designing in Silhouette Studio works and then using the Print and Cut feature to bring that design to life.


4. DIY Personalized Shirts

Gingham, seersucker, and all of the monogrammed things, these are a few of my favorite things! Gather some of your favorite fabrics, a little HTV, and a blank tee. Follow this tutorial and your little will be the cutest ones on the block this spring.

What are you crafting for spring?

If you make any of these crafts, be sure to tag me on Instagram. I would love to see what you create!

Happy crafting dolls!

xoxo, 

Caitlin 



No comments:

Post a Comment